Mellori Solutions specialises in training, testing and development of electronic warfare systems and components to Defence and emergency services. We form part of the Alkath Group alongside our sister companies, Global Defence Solutions and Resilience Logistics Solutions, who supply bespoke deployable infrastructure solutions to Defence, emergency services, humanitarian and disaster relief organisations. Our headquarters are based in South Nowra, NSW with other offices in Toowoomba & Adelaide.
As a group our vision is a world where the safety and wellbeing of others is a priority and continually improved through innovation and meaningful solutions. Join us in creating solutions to keep everyone safe.
- Gifted annual leave Xmas to NYE
- Paid volunteer leave
- Paid reservists leave
- Long service recognition and reward
- Performance bonus program
You have a passion for creating and innovating new technologies in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment. As a collaborative team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude you have a drive to deliver quality through coordinating a diverse team to meet exacting deadlines. You can work unsupervised with independent thought and initiative. You have strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills. You treat the workplace, other staff and the business environment with respect. You are honest with your teammates, work with integrity and have fun.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As a Systems Engineer you will work with a diverse team of engineers and technicians on projects from concept/ideation, through to bid/proposal, modelling, prototyping, to manufacture, test and commissioning. You will assist with the coordination of the technical solution and effort to produce complex mechanical, electrical and RF systems. You will be involved with and contribute to electrical design and engineering solutions.
Your duties will include:
- Perform system engineering activities including functional analysis, hardware solution development, system design & analysis, requirements management, integration and verification.
- Work on design, integration and commissioning aspects for a range of complex radar, software, hardware, and infrastructure components, assemblies and subsystem elements.
- Independently review peers’ work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
- Perform detailed modelling and analysis to help understand and assess performance at different levels of the system.
- Take concepts through design from requirements to hardware solutions and deployment.
- Liaise across the business and technical functions, both internally and in a customer facing scenarios.
- Support the Chief Engineer in a variety of tasks including the coordination of the different technical skillsets and risk management.
- Preparation and maintenance of technical design documentation, risk registers and test plans.
- Conduct engineering design activities in line with ISO 9001 standards and company policies.
- Ensuring that products are designed/developed with consideration to project constraints and requirements such as budget, schedule, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring that products are designed with consideration to user usage scenarios and operating conditions.
- Design of verification and validation testing to ensure new designs are suitable for manufacture.
- Assisting with product translation activities to move new products into manufacturing.
- Prepare SDR (System Design Reviews) and DDR (Detailed Design Reviews) design packs for submission to clients for approval of designs.
- Gathering of OQE (Objective Quality Evidence) for the designs and the reasons and standards that have driven the design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in systems engineering guiding products from concept to market.
- Experience engaging with a wide range of engineering disciplines and technical specialists.
- Experience in producing all documentation required for detailed engineering designs, including test and evaluation plans.
- Skilled in designing complex systems and subsystems.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Must be eligible and willing to hold relevant Australian government security clearance.
- Has a positive and proactive approach to achieving organisational outcomes with a natural ability to coordinate across business and team functions.
- Familiarity with RF & electronic systems for land, sea and air defence applications.
- Experience with Defence systems engineering.
- Skilled in three phase and single phase electrical engineering and design.
- Experience with Project Management
To apply, send a resume outlining your experience along with a cover letter to let us know why you are the person to take on this opportunity.
Heather Nethery – Enterprise Services Manager
T: 02 4408 3509
Applications close: Monday, 13 June 2022